Kathleen Petryshyn, Postpartum Doula
Quality care for moms, newborns and their families.
Specializing in Preemies and Multiples, I offer a wide variety of services for the new family. I recognize that this is a tremendous transition for your family and am sensitive to your individual needs. Basic care includes breastfeeding information and guidance, newborn care and instruction, postpartum care and exercise information. The individual make-up of each family varies and I tailor my care specifically to meet the needs of your family. My primary focus is on care for the mother and for the baby(s), however meeting the needs of the entire family is important. This may include helping to prepare meals, shopping, care of older siblings, baby laundry, bottle preparation and light housekeeping.
I will offer support and address questions and concerns, thereby allowing the parents to spend more time relaxing and enjoying their baby. The time I spend with each family varies according to their needs. The average time with a new family is one to two weeks or more. Some families prefer doula care during the entire postpartum period, usually lasting up to twelve weeks. I am flexible and will work with each family on an individual basis to best fulfill your needs. I offer daytime, overnight, weekend and travel doula care.
Training and Experience
- Dona International Postpartum Doula Training
- Postpartum Doula Services for San Diego Families
- Experienced with Preemies and Multiples
- Heartsaver CPR Certification
- BS in Education from the University of Illinois
- Principal of Murrieta Montessori Teacher Training Center & Model Classroom
- Classroom teacher in Illinois and Kentucky
- Health Educator, Murrieta Hot Springs Resort & Spa
- Discover Wellness, I-Health Consultant and Polarity Therapist
- Author: Mother Goose for the Enlightened Soul Series and CDs including: Humpty Dumpty Gets It Together, Little Miss Muffet Faces Her Fear
- Other Children's books include: What's Wrong With Timothy Turtle?, The Hand Book, Be Your Longings, and more
I recognize that each child and each family is unique and as such, I work with you on an individual basis. I am flexible, creative and spontaneous. I have been helping moms with their children since I was a teenager. As a mother of two, I have been through the ups and downs of loving and mothering children. Now, as the grandmother of three wonderful grandchildren, I am ever amazed at the love and joy I experience in their presence. I love children and they love me. I would consider it an extreme honor to work with you and your family during this profound transition in your lives.